28 Jul PEREGIAN BEACH – SUBURB IN FOCUS
Peregian Beach For Buyers
A charming and sophisticated beachside village that feels worlds away, while still being just minutes from Noosa. Peregian Beach is known for its calm ambience, small leafy village square and picturesque stretch of beach. It offers the perfect setting for raising a family or settling into retirement. Peregian Beach also happens to be the home of The Property Baron HQ, which is perfectly positioned in the centre of the village square. Situated approximately 10 kilometres from Noosa Heads, Peregian Beach is just minutes from Noosa Main beach and Hastings Street, as well as being easily accessible to the Sunshine motorway. For those who choose to live in Peregian Beach, every day will feel like a holiday. Peregian Beach is located on the border of the Sunshine Coast council and Noosa council LGAs. The beachside part of Peregian Beach is Noosa council whereas Peregian Breeze and the lakeside area falls within the Sunshine Coast Council. You might hear locals call this part by the lake ‘South Peregian’.
PEREGIAN BEACH PROPERTY MARKET UPDATE
Last month Peregian Beach had 32 properties available for rent and 58 properties for sale. Median property prices over the last year range from $1,870,000 for houses to $1,080,000 for units. If you are looking for an investment property, consider houses in Peregian Beach rent out for $790 PW with an annual rental yield of 2.57% and units rent for $600 PW with a rental yield of 3.45%. Based on five years of sales, Peregian Beach has seen a compound growth rate of 36.8% for houses and 44.0% for units.
Source: Realestate.com & Core Logic
History and Culture
Peregian is the native Kabi Kabi word for emu. During World War II, Peregian Beach, Sunshine Beach and surrounding areas were used for artillery training by the Australian military. Today, Peregian Beach is a popular holiday destination, with locals also gathering to enjoy delicious food or picnics at the beachfront reserve.
HOMES IN PEREGIAN BEACH
From architecturally designed beachfront properties to modest family homes and beautiful holiday accommodation options, Peregian Beach has something to cater for everyone, but it’s best suited to those looking to slow down and indulge in a relaxed lifestyle. The newly developed ‘Peregian Breeze’ is an extension of Peregian Beach, offering a peaceful community setting with a family-friendly vibe. Towards the lake you will find an area with larger blocks featuring generous family homes and luxury holiday houses.
BEST STREETS AND AREAS IN PEREGIAN BEACH
Want to get a feel for the area? If you can, do a drive by on these streets to get a real feeling for the Peregian Beach lifestyle:
- Pelican street
- Lorikeet drive
- Podargus pde
- Head to murdering creek road for some acreeage style properties
- Old Emundi Mountain Rd to explore the new estate part of Peregian Beach
PEREGIAN BEACH DEMOGRAPHIC
Peregian Beach is highly sought-after by retirees, with holidaymakers and local families also enjoying the area year round. It’s ideal for anyone seeking a quiet beachside lifestyle, while still wanting to be close to Noosa. Since the properties in Peregian Beach tend to move so quickly, interstate and international buyers should consider representation by a Buyer’s Agent.
OTHER SUNSHINE COAST LOCATIONS
If you love Peregian Beach, check out some of these other locations here in the region. As a full-service and fully independent Noosa and Sunshine Coast buyer’s agency, we can help you find your dream home or ideal investment property across the coast and hinterland.
- Sunrise Beach
- Peregian Springs
- Coolum Beach
Getting to know the neighbours and the neighbourhood will make all the difference in your new home or investment property. Head to our blog or our facebook group for some “insider top tips”
BEST PLACES TO DINE IN PEREGIAN BEACH
Although Peregian Beach is smaller than some of the neighbouring suburbs, it has a wide selection of exceptional eateries on offer. Here’s our current top picks for eating out in Peregian Beach:
- Peregian Beach Hotel is a popular place to meet friends, listen to live music and taste vibrant flavours made from fresh local produce.
- Complete with an alfresco courtyard, tap beers, a selection of cocktails and delicious food, The Captain’s Daughter is perfect for family meals or a cold drink after a day at the beach.
- Nestled at the back of a lively cafe courtyard on Peregian Boardwalk, Sushi Wave is the perfect spot for lunch. Serving authentic Japanese food and dishing up the freshest sushi and sashimi as well as mouth-watering hot dishes.”
- Skal Coffee and Peregian Beach Pantry will satisfy your coffee cravings and cater to your sweet tooth.
- Hand of Fatima offers delicious middle eastern inspired brunch menu
- If you’re after a relaxed vibe for the whole family to enjoy then Peregian Beach Markets are a must – held on the first and third Sunday of each month.
- Make sure to book a dinner with friends or family at Perriwinkle, a modern Australian twist on french cuisine
- Outer Square near the IGA offers breakfast, lunch and shared dining experience, the Chili scramble is a must try!
SCHOOLS, KINDY AND CLUBS IN PEREGIAN BEACH
- Peregian Beach College is a Coeducation combined school, serving years P-12 with the vision to educate the individual for life-long success.
- St Andrews Anglican College located in Peregian Springs, only a few minutes from Perigerian beach, also serves years P-12, St Andrews bases their education on Christian foundation in the Anglican tradition.
- Peregian Tennis Club offers three courts, coaching and competitions for tennis practice.
- Peregian Beach Community Kindergarten is rated exceeding on the national quality standard, the kindy is located next door to Peregian Beach Tennis Club and offers a fun, warm, welcoming and responsive environment for your little ones.
- Veggie Village is a community garden. Membership is open to anyone who wants to learn more about gardening, share their knowledge or just make some friends.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT WITH KIDS IN PEREGIAN BEACH
Peregian Beach is the perfect place to encourage the kids to get outside and explore nature! Here are our top picks to get you started:
- Whether you want to take a family walk along the beach, cool off on a hot day or make sand castles with the kids, Peregian Beach provides the perfect setting.
- Peregian Beach Park is great for play dates, picnics or even birthday parties.
- Peregian Beach is surrounded by national parks and bordering Lake Weyba, a serene spot to immerse yourself in nature and enjoy water sports, fishing or birdwatching.
Find your Tribe!
Learn all about your new neighbourhood from local council and chat groups. Get the insider’s view on life in Peregian Beach and ask your new neighbours for their local recommendations.
The Village at Peregian Beach http://thevillageperegianbeach.com.au/
Move to the Sunshine Coast group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/movingtothesunhinecoast
See what’s hitting the Peregian Beach property market, when it hits (or before)!
Because Peregian Beach is a fast-moving property market, a local buyer’s agent can help you be in the right place at the right time to secure the right property. As Peregian Beach’s reputable property buyer’s agent, The Property Baron is your key to securing your ideal property at the best possible price. The key, is knowing the market, and knowing what’s coming to market. We believe that the ideal real estate purchase isn’t just about that winning bid, it’s about assisting our buyers at every stage. Talk to us now to see just how we can help you.